Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sleep? Recovery?

Not sure if I have just not been getting enough sleep or what. Today I'm sore. Everything on my back side, my traps, mid-back, lower-back, hammies... High rep deads usually get my lower back and hammies but not sure what the upper-back soreness is from. I took about two 1 hour naps today that felt much needed. I really couldn't afford to take the time away from work but body was asking for a little more R&R.

Active rest day.
7:30pm
250 Double-unders for time
7:25

I wasn't really in a hurry to get these done. Just wanted to get the skill work in. I even tried different ropes. I should be able to do this in about 4-5 minutes if I was really trying to push it.

It was really hard for me to take a rest day and not jump on the pull up bar, do some jerks, handstands... but body said REST.

12:00am UPDATE
Having a hard time trying to sleep. Thursday is usually my sleep-in day but I have to cover Alex for the 6am tomorrow. Thinking about doing my heavy wod in the morning at 7am. Cleans and rings dips??? I'm thinking 185 for 15-12-9? That already makes me nauseous. Also, considering 2 tomorrow. Possibly "Angie" in the evening ("What you don't like"Angie?"). A lot of it depends how I feel after moving some rubber matting tomorrow. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Rudy for that tape concoction! This rip is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem Erin! I'll post up something eventually on our main site so that you can learn to make them as you probably will need to frequently for now.

    ReplyDelete