Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Increased work capacity!

I'm finally feeling like my work capacity is back up to where it was last year training for the Affiliate Cup. It's funny how fast CFE and eating right can get you back. My metcon still has to be worked on but things are getting better!

7:15am

CFE wod "Weighted Hill Climbtime Trial D12W"
I have no idea what all that means but it was on the site.
1500m Damper@10 5:36.5

Didn't know what to expect, felt pretty tired after the first 500m but settled in for the last 750m. Highest number I seen was 2:02 and it was only for a split second and 2:01 5-10 times.

4:20pm
Bryce asked me what I was working on I said, "Tabata DLs" he asked, "why?" I replied, "It's the only thing that isn't sore right now." No lie.

10 CTB pull ups, 1 min rest
15 butterfly CTB pull ups (faded on last 3), 1 min rest
15 CTB pull ups still working on butterfly-ish thing, 1 min rest
15 CTB pull ups " "
10 CTB pull ups, " " I was wanting to do another set of 15 but getting wiped. This was only suppose to be a fricken' warm up.

Tabata Deadlift @ 225
11,10,7,6,7,5,5,5
56 reps total

I really need to work on repping out DLs. My lower back always gives out (weakness) and my grip sucks. For this wod I had a hard time adjusting and trying to figure what was more efficient, for me to use a posterior chain (hammies and lower back) or get my sore quads involved. So I did both and shifted back and forth alternating between the two.

7:30pm
10min AMRAP
3 squats (65% of 1rm) 235#
6 burpees
9 kbs (09 Games standard)

6 rounds 2 squats
Way too many breaks! I started off with a great mental mindset and hit the first three rounds pretty hard. The next 3 rounds I began to doubt my legs (VMO still really sore) and was questioning my core strength (lower back especially) as I was having a hard time stabilizing the squat weight. I tried to take my time on the swings so I wouldn't be fatigued in the squat but it didn't really work and I just moved slower and slower. I started to breakdown a bit mentally, I went from KILL this workout to survive it.

Still need to keep experience this working out under a fatigued state because I'm not really sure how to deal with it. My 5th round my first swing went too far overhead and I dropped it. Somehow it ended about 10 feet from me. I picked it up and squeaked out 3. Are you fucking kidding me? 3,6 split on that one. Everything else was unbroken just lots of time to recover in between. Let's see what tomorrow holds???

5 comments:

  1. Hey rudy i think we need to encourage the gals who are competing to try two-a-days if they haven't done so before...great mental challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em I was wondering that same thing as I was reading this... should we be doing two-a-days? I mean, I'm sure I'll feel like I'm in football training camp, but if that's what I should be doing, I'll do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should only be doing 2 a days if you have the ability to separate the work outs by a minimum of 3 hours and you are eating and getting enough sleep. 2-a-days should be something light. ie CFE and a regular workout or one specific strength and a metcon later.

    Maybe about 3-4 weeks out you should do some sampling of 2x maybe even 3x wods in a day, to sample your work capacity and your mental toughness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would doing a home WOD in the morning, maybe from Eva T's list, and then the CFC workout later in the day be a good 2x?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, It would be eh... not really the best but wouldn't hurt.

    ReplyDelete