Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Little by little

I really probably should start adapting Alison's awesome rating scale. I slept 3 1/2 hours last night so definitely wasn't feeling energetic.

Alison and I met up with Roger at 11am. We started with snatches and the first couple of sets felt horrible! The started to get better as we warmed up through more sets but I seriously think the thrusters yesterday beat me up a little. Roger even asked both of us if we worked out yesterday. I guess he kinda seen it. I spent the majority of my time at 70 kilos couldn't nail 75 kilos for the life of me today. Bar infront, slow pull, soft lockouts... it just never ended. We got to the clean and jerk and life was soooooo much better. Spent 5 singles at at 100 kilos and things felt good. Things I need to work on: timing of coming up on the clean, in the dip: slow/med dip and a quick change of direction, at the lock out hold it and stabilize... slowly bring front foot back, then feet together. Progressions was 50x5, 70x3, 80x3, 90x2, 95x2, 100 5x1, 90 3x1

A bunch of my pulls were out in front of me. Cue: use the elbows and the wrists to keep the bar close.

Once again hands hurt after. I used a slightly rougher knurling this time around I think it was the Werksan or the Eliko bar this time around. First time I used the Werksan Training bar. It's nice and smooth.

Got an unplanned nap in from 3:30-5:00 had one of those "Oh Shit! What time is it?!?!" Moments and rolled out to the WL.

I just really wanted to go home and do a CFE wod but I think that was just laziness. I man'ed up and even though my hands hurt I did some pull ups.

5 Rounds for time of:
10 HSPU
10 CTB pull ups
10 24" Box jumps
8:49

Played with some hand positions in the HSPUs and I'm realizing that the wide/turned out at 45 degrees thing works really well for me. Chest to bars felt really good today. I think I just have to stop trying to touch higher on my chest and keep rolling with the belly to bar pull ups as it locks me in rhythm a bit better.

No comments:

Post a Comment