Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Hair of the dog

Although this term is usually used in dealings with hangovers and booze, today was a hair of the dog day for me. Power snatches. The same power snatch that fucked me over Sunday. There was no way in hell I was going heavy or high rep, but I needed to get under that bar again.

I worked on a couple singles and a couple of full snatches at 95#s.

7pm
Rocky Mountain Regional WOD#2
I couldn't pass this workout up. I love this workout. Last time I did it in 5:40. I was at the JohnG and Liz's CF Level I in Milwaukee with 30+ on-lookers, strange enough JohnG was there again today. He may be my good luck charm.

I told myself for about 30 minutes before the WOD if I felt anything in my back I would stop... It took me about all 30 minutes to believe it.
4:24

I really don't remember what was unbroken and what/how I broke anything. Good thing it's on video. It just felt really good to move without my back irritating me. I felt my back a little in the 3rd round of front squats but really stopped and thought about it... once again told myself it was ok... actually I heard some just say, "all you have is 5 and burpees, then you're done!" so I just finished out.



Rocky Mountain Regional WOD#2 from Rudy Tapalla on Vimeo.

I really thought over the last two days my chase for Sectionals could be over. So today was a great hurdle over a big mental mountain for me. What I should have said as soon as I finished this wod was...YEAH BITCHES!

10 comments:

  1. My personal favorite was, "beat Chris's time." Nice work dude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love it! I had to go back and listen for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that would be me. Nothing like a little motivation :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work. Glad you're back in it. Can't imagine competing without you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You badass mf!!!! "your sectionals could be over"???? NO FUCKING WAY! Way too fight thru it buddy! Never stop! I wish I could compete in Sectionals! Remember, Your badasness WILL reign all over sectionals!!!!! Love the morivation, Im all pumped up now! Maybe a midnight WOD?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job, Rudy! Glad you are back in action!!

    ReplyDelete