Saturday, January 23, 2010

The avalanche

Took yet another day off both because I'm not feeling 100% and because I'm backed up on work. It's funny how everything with CF/exercise is like a chain reaction. The less I feel good, the less I want to workout, the less I want to eat clean, the less I want to get off my ass/off the computer and leave the house... It's a vicious cycle, I swear. If you haven't heard me say it before/I'm really a fat/lazy guy. If I really didn't care about my future. I would be a fat, fast food eating, cigarette smoking, binge drinking, dude. Really, I never stopped smoking (yes, I smoked for 8+ years) because I didn't like it. It just conflicted with my future of personal training which I enjoyed more. I didn't stop drinking because I didn't like it. I just enjoyed not feeling like shit at CF after every workout. So I guess what everything comes down to is what do you love and want most???

I'd really like to feel better and get back to the training schedule that I'm 4 day behind on!

4 comments:

  1. Patience... : ) Ha! Kinda nice to say it to you for a change! You're body's just talking to you and you're listening. Sounds like neither your head or your body would be 100% in a workout at the moment so give it what it needs to heal, right?! Right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you big time buddy! That being said, if you need a WOD partner when you are ready to hit it hard and get "caught up" on training, I would be more then happy to join you, push you , or support you in any way and at anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get well soon Rudy so we can take on Helen in the near future :) Rest is the best thing for your body right now. Remember don't come back until your 100% ready.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel you. It's tough to get your rhythm back, but it will come. Everything will be there tomorrow ... it's easy to fall prey to over-doing it one way or the other.

    The fact that you care about your future, that you prioritise, and that you keep going towards your goals is really inspiring.

    Matt & I have to do that all the time with each other. Reminding the other of our priorities, corralling the other when we push too far/too much, or just avoiding another gallon of ice cream.

    Speaking of guilty pleasures, if you want to motivate away from junk food ... watch Matt eat. It's terrifying. Seriously, you have to back away slowly if there is anything sweet nearby.

    ReplyDelete