Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fighters

Today started out great as I got to sleep in! First day in over a week I was able to sleep in past 530am! AWESOME!

Anyways, I often like to look at us as fighters. Everyday we have challenges that we either succumb to or we fight. It's not just the big ones, ie the wods that have us nauseous all day, the fatigue that we try to ignore, the pain that we tell ourselves is ok to feel. Quite often it is the small battles that are the hardest. It may be our "busy" schedules that stop us from making time to work out, it may be a two boxes of munchkins sitting by a warm cup of coffee while your starving, some great looking brownies as your munching on your yummy low sodium roast beef. Obviously today was a bit rough for me, there's no possible way I wouldn't have broke down if Mandie was with me. The hardest part about pre-cana was smelling munchkins for 8 hours and having people stare at you because you are eating nuts, broccoli, and lunchmeat for snacks.

Anyways, we all make choices. Yes, I highly agree that there is a balance that we all must achieve within having fun/living life and being healthy/CrossFit healthy. On a normal day I would breakdown and have a couple of munchkins and be 100% okay with it, but once you make a commitment I think you should be true to it. My commitment was to doing Sectionals. I may not be better than Bryce and maybe not even better than Mango by then but I am dedicated to giving it my all. It's only 3 more weeks until D-Day, which means there's only about 2 weeks of training left.

This is not even close to a sustainable pace for me. I would completely implode! However, I think I can hold the ship together with duct tape and safety wire (that maybe a Marine Corps thing) for the next 3 weeks.

Got this wod in pretty late as I just needed to clear my mind from the 50 million things that I have going on currently.

10pm
CFE 3x7min
3x7 min intervals w/3min recovery between rounds.
Suited up and ran this one outside
1: .88mi
2: .83mi
3: .82mi

Once again suited up almost perfectly for the weather. Cold running pants, dri-fit shirt, Burton shell, white shirt over (so cars could see me), UA hood, no beanie, Nike wool gloves.

Only mistake I made was route. When it's this late out all the smokers are in-front of the bars. I'm better off chancing shady people in the park then sucking in second-hand smoke.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the inspiring words, Coach! And you're right, the fight may be rough but we've only got a few weeks left.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Rudy! Small battles are the biggest hurdles in the long run. You've got a great support system and you're gonna bring your badassness to sectionals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BUDDY! You are the ultimate BADASS! You have transformed my life, my diet and my ability to become fit and being able to do that is more amazing then anything! Your words are always amazingly thoughtful and inspiring! What you have accomplished so far is incredible and its only the beginning of awesome accomplishments in 2010 and beyond! You support everyone and are always there to support everyone, BUT you need to know we are all here to support and help you as well! I would do anything to support and help any member/coach of CFC and I feel that way because of you! Your badassness will reign all over Sectionals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you got to sleep in Saturday morning :)
    Inspiring to read your blog posts as always. I know I don't make the best choices every day but sometimes, I almost feel better to just do it than stress out about whether I made the right choice, right?
    Sunny out... if my hip thing doesn't hurt, maybe a run is in order (and I don't even like running outside when it's cold)!

    ReplyDelete