Monday, August 30, 2010

Ups and downs

The last couple of workouts have been really fun to have people to workout with but life goes on. Most of the gym revamp is completed, which is awesome because I'm exhausted of moving shit around. feeling a bit worn out today and didn't really warm up. Did the mobility wod and spent 10 minutes (7min in the morning and 3 in the evening) in the bottom of a squat. Right knee feels a little irritated. I guess I really need to research why, so I can attempt to fix myself before something breaks.

For time:
21 Pull-ups
21 Handstand Push-ups
18 Pull-ups
18 Handstand Push-ups
15 Pull-ups
15 Handstand Push-ups
12 Pull-ups
12 Handstand Push-ups
9 Pull-ups
9 Handstand Push-ups
6 Pull-ups
6 Handstand Push-ups
3 Pull-ups
3 Handstand Push-ups
Handstand push-ups are "nose to floor" and pull-ups are "strict" or non-kipping.

23:35
Splits 3:09, 6:13, 4:59, 3:37, 2:41, 2:01, :53

I guess I came out the gate a little hard. Ha ha! First 21 pull ups (11,10) were downstairs then went upstairs to stay out of the way. The 18 set I still tried to tie them together but ended up hitting singles toward the back end. First time doing "nose to floor" HSPUs. Definitely interesting. It reminded me of the lunges on the asphalt. You have to slow down the speed a ton or else it's going to hurt. Only missed 1 HSPU in the 6 set I had a crooked leaner that most would have counted but wanted to hold a higher standard.

Good thing I didn't use a mat as even on the rubber matting my hands started to slide out. Towards the end found it a little easier to do forehead and nose as it was somewhat of a warning before the nose touched.

I was a little less than 4:00 minutes slower than Graham Holmberg so I consider this a big fat WIN!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I couldn't even attempt that killing and with a mat! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete