Friday, August 20, 2010

Ouch!

Warm up:
I was working with Mike and Mark on BFKs so got plenty of pulls and shoulder rotations in.
1000m row 3:43.6

I knew this was going to be bad when I was warming up. I loaded up the bar to the 75#s and was going to go through back squats, ohs, snatch balance and snatch. I did 3 back squats, easy no problem. The first ohs felt like shit. The second and third didn't feel any better so I didn't even bother going through the rest. Rethinking many of my warm up methods after reading an article Kurt is working on. I set my ego aside and grabbed a 20# bar and went through the warm up 3xbs, ohs, sn bal, snatch. It felt better but still far from good.

F* it! I guess it will be another skill wod.

Three rounds for time of:
30 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball (10.5 foot target)
75 pound Squat snatches, 30 reps (movement initiates with barbell below the knees)

The wallballs weren't so bad sets 2 and 3 had to jump the last 3-5. Had to repeat 3 for missed height/early hit on the wall.

The snatches felt awful. My shoulder didn't like the deceleration of the bar so I didn't chain any of them. Around 15 I was in so much pain I considered scaling it. I did 2 power snatches and then was like "what the f* are you doing!" Didn't count them and kept full snatching. I chased that bar all over the gym. They actually started to feel much better in the second round but it should have been no where near this painful for me to do this.

Anyways once again toughed through and I know a good amount of snatches had to be ugly (forward in the toes) because my right knee is not happy right now.

28:19
Splits 8:19, 10:10, 9:48
Yes, I know. Once again soft in the middle.

11am 6-8 laps at LVAC. Still two kick boards. I lost count somewhere as today I was on a time schedule and didn't lolly-gag. Kick didn't feel as good, it may have been because I smoked out my legs an hour earlier. The wind didn't really help today either.

No comments:

Post a Comment