Thursday, August 12, 2010

Abdo, bad shrimp, lack of sleep, unplanned intermittent fasting

So the wod from 3 days ago wrecked my hamstrings and definitely still feeling it even today. Funny that I didn't even feel it in my hammies (only my lower back) but yikes. Good thing is my shoulders actually feel pretty good from the muscle-up/ab wrecker wod! Only traps are a little sore. Last night I ate some shrimp that I guess was bad and ended up pukin' until 2am. Fun stuff! Felt better this morning but didn't eat all day until dinner. Alison hooked me up with a iced coffee for my post wod. Awesome!

I was going to start my warm up with pull ups and shoulders felt stiff reaching for the bar so I moved to do 1000m row. Yikes! My abs are jacked up from those GH sit-ups, not like full on abdo status but definitely localized rhabdo. 4:07 row and even that was difficult. Usually in a warm up I sit about 3:38. Damn abdo! Went down to do some pull ups, did a whole two. It's funny how you don't realize how much you use your abs until you need 'em... yeah, real funny. Did some warm up squats at 135 and that didn't feel good stabilizing either. I was just going to go with a belt... but in my last minute before getting at the wod I realized that would destroy the point of the wod with the asymmetrical loading. So 15 seconds until start time I tossed the belt.

Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
185 pound Back squat, 7 reps
45 pound dumbbell Overhead walking lunge, 10 steps (right hand)
7 Burpees
45 pound dumbbell Overhead walking lunge, 10 steps (left hand)

The first round took me about 1:57. Definitely got me a little more warmed up, and actually got me pretty amped up as I was like "Damn this is going to be a fun one even with my sore ass abs!" I knew I couldn't keep up that pace but it was going to truly FUN! I also had all the lights off and Eminem jacked up and was prepared to suffer.

Ended up with 6 rounds and 7 burpees. So close to my 7 round goal. I'm sure if I would have measured my splits, I got soft in the middle. Happy with that! They didn't have any men's times and in comments the only familiar name was OPT (not sure if it's the real OPT) but had posted 9 rounds and 3 squats. No matter happy with the wod but like all could have accepted a little more pain.

Not sure if I ever stated it here, and I'll work on a post about it later. I workout without my shirt to be judged. If I'm getting fat I can count on a sarcastic remark from Bryce or Chris to be like "...you fat fuck!" Bryce today said I looked like I was leaning out, so I guess these 20-30 minute wods are paying off because my diet definitely doesn't reflect. I'll weigh in tomorrow. Looking forward to a short intense wod... outside in the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment