Sunday, August 15, 2010

ADAMBROWN

Abs still a wreck and after yesterday my hamstrings were a little sore from "SQT".
Didn't really do much to warm up for this one besides a couple of reps as I was loading up the bars. This one used a lot of space and a whole bunch of weights. I originally thought about scaling this one to make it a good workout but "Hero" workouts are not made to be scaled, they are made to test your mental fortitude and to pay respect.

"ADAMBROWN"
Two rounds for time of:
295 pound Deadlift, 24 reps
24 Box jumps, 24 inch box
24 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball
195 pound Bench press, 24 reps
24 Box jumps, 24 inch box
24 Wallball shots, 20 pound ball
145 pound Clean, 24 reps

52:12
First round finished at 24:55

Should have pushed it much harder on the box jumps and wall ball before the bench. I had no idea I would be getting that much rest. Second set started in triples and eventually ended in 15 singles to not waste energy. The good thing is no pain in the shoulder. Trap on the right side (bad shoulder) is fried and not sure if it's from snatches or from the bench press. We'll see how it holds up to "Coe".

Mandie and I went up to her parents house so I could put in some work at the pool. Mandie helped me out and I realized that I need to bend my knees when I kick my legs. I know for most people this is obvious...yes, I'm that bad at swimming. After about an hour in the pool, I'm starting to feel a little more relaxed and comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment