Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Skill day...not really

Warm up 2x 10 pull ups...ok that's it. I need to fix that. I couldn't motivate myself to get on a rower after yesterday's fun.

Five rounds for time of:
5 Muscle-ups
115 pound Overhead squat, 10 reps
15 Toes to bar
20 GHD Sit-ups

Time: 1:00 No joke.

I'll break down the splits.
First round 5:23 in the last two GH sit-ups felt a slight twinge in my left shoulder...my good shoulder. Attempted one muscle up and it was painful. I couldn't bare to strain my good shoulder so I sat down and figured I was done.

Sitting and contemplating life, the only DNF that I can recollect was my first attempt at Gi-Jane (made it to 50 and called it quits, from then on I realized GregA was a beast). The second time that I came close was Freddy's Revenge. I have it on video where I was thinking, "I can't physically do this work out." That one traumatized me for about 2 weeks. So, 9 minutes later, I figured how much could I have possibly injured myself in a GH sit-up? and started chipping away at the muscle-ups.

I couldn't bare the DNF!

2nd set of muscle-ups 6:20 I waited about 2 minutes for the cleans of the class wod to be done before I got into it.
2nd set OHS, TTB, GH sit 4:07

3rd set of muscle-ups 3:25
other stuff 5:32

4th Set of MUs 7:21 Started to fail and TTB/GH sit up was killing my big kip.
4th other stuff 6:08 Started to feel lower back pain from yesterday's wod.

5th set 8:32 Lots of fails. Pulled up box to use false grip. Still turned every rep out before pulling (BTW did all singles; no deceleration of force on the shoulder) Realized that even slipping in a false grip a little still was easier then the big kip. Losing some of the false grip but having lats flexed and ready to fire helped last painful 3 reps.
5th set other stuff 5:43 2/3s of both TTB and GH sit-ups.

It's funny, looking at this wod the only thing that worried me was the OHS and it goes that was the only easy thing about this wod.

Can't wait until tomorrow to see how the shoulder holds up. Gotta love a rest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment