Tuesday, January 15, 2013

15Jan13

230pm CFC
Ultra-high bar back squats 5x5@205
14" box squats in briefs 315x2, 365x2, 395x2, 405x2
Wasn't expecting to go this high but everything felt good. Still felt like I had more but shut it down.
Some yoke walks at 340. Couldn't walk with 520. Need to work on that. 

Worked on keeping shoulders back in semi sumo deadlift. Definitely far from wide sumo but what my mobility will allow. Heels about start of knurling toes to ring. Worked seated 16" and sitting back with 225 have no ability to do it conventional without starting shoulders ahead. In sumo worked 275, then no seat with 315, 365, 405.

Position is getting there but tons of work to do. 


645pm CFC
Kelly easily talked me into doing a metcon with her. Needed to work some conditioning as well as how miserable I am at toe-to-bars so it was definitely convenient. Thought about doing 5 rounds, 7TTB, 10 burpees. I was a little worried about 50 burpees taking it's toll on me. Kelly talked me out of it and had me do 7 and 7 so that I could keep on moving. Greatly took the suggestion as I don't want to be destroyed tomorrow's for bench. 

5RFT: 7 TTB, & 7 burpees = 5:07
Brutal on how much I suck at TTBs. Obliques started to cramp up pretty bad in the 4th round. Need to be a little more aggressive on core work as well as grip strength.


No comments:

Post a Comment