Monday, April 19, 2010

Reality check

19Apr10

Played V-ball last night at DePaul. I didn't play very well but it was fun. Timing was completely off but what do you expect after not playing for a really long time. Right knee was a little swollen last night but woke up this morning with slight signs of turf toe and a very achy feeling shoulder. I neither hit hard nor often last night so this means time to start some extensive shoulder strengthening. My shoulder hasn't felt "right" since max OH squatting and snatching 2 weeks ago. I tried a floor press last week and tapped out at 185#. I should be floor pressing about 315# so that's not good. Beside the shoulder issue I've been having really bad bouts of fatigue and broken sleep.
So there's a couple of things that I need to fix. Diet: I'm going to go back to the miserable life of the Zone. Like Coach says with out weighing and measuring, it's like doing CF with out a timer. I'm going to allow myself an 80/20 adherence so I do wreck out like I did after the strict Paleo deal. I'm also going to follow my Westside programming a little more detailed and making sure I do all the accessory work and incorporating at least 3-4 days of CF work which maybe CFE work. 3,2,1, Go!

Uggh very unhappy. WAM WAM WAM (weigh and measure)
Had a black coffee at 8am to hold me off until I can WAM.
Missed breakfast and had client hit 'bucks Venti Americano +cold heavy whipping cream (first time trying it and it was awesome!!!)

Lunch 2pm
4oz grilled chicken
1/4 head of lettuce
8 tbs of rice w/dill (leftovers from Reza's)
4 macadamia nuts

430pm
ME lower
Front squat
Had no idea where to start here:
45x5
135x2
225x1
275x1
295x1
315x1
335x1
345xF (wasted too much working my way up. This one cracks me up, un-rack and straight down from there!)

Front squat 335# PR from Rudy Tapalla on Vimeo.


345 Fail from Rudy Tapalla on Vimeo.


Deadlifts

225x3
315x1
405x1
425x1
445x1
470x1 (previous PR 465)
485x1 PR
500xF

485# Deadlift PR from Rudy Tapalla on Vimeo.


500# Fail from Rudy Tapalla on Vimeo.


A good day overall. Didn't come in with too much energy but PRs always change that. I was pretty shocked that the 500# DL came off the ground. My fear was I was depending too much on the belt so I quit the fight early. Next time, next time.

5:30pm
3 block snack
3oz chicken
1 clementine
2/3 cup blackberries
3 macadamia nuts

Accessory work:
1a GH raise 3x8
2a Reverse hyper 35# 3x12
3a Ab wheel rollout 3x8
3b KTE with controlled swing 3x8

Mini-metcon:
16kg KB snatch 1min each side 2x
1 right:25
1 left:22
2 right:18
2 left:18

Grip fatigued, metcon sucks, shoulder felt ok, lower back worn out particularly the right side.

930pm
4oz chicken (rotisserie)
bowl of mixed greens (1/4 block)
1 bread roll (2 blocks)
1 tsp of butter (actually can't believe it's not butta) 2 blocks (leftover from Pompei)
Dressing I consider 1 fat block and 3/4 carb block for the other stuff they put in there.

11pm
1.5 oz shrimp 1 block P
6oz Yogurt 2 blocks P and CHO
1/2 cup grapes 1 block CHO
3 macadamia nuts

3 comments:

  1. I wish I could say the same Donna. WAM WAM WAM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, It's your fault I lost 20 minutes of my day watching Ninja Warrior. Ha ha ha. Ok, it was only about 5 because I was eating at the time.

    ReplyDelete