Friday, September 3, 2010

Shoulder Rehab Work

With a 45 pound barbell, 21-15- and 9 reps for time of:
Turkish Get-ups, alternating arms
Sots press

29:05
Splits 10:??, 23:??, 27:??

I had all my splits on my watch but ended up clearing it while I was coaching today. One of the few workouts that I had to do alone because of space constraints. Well actually Jonny was working out at the same time.

Actually had a little metcon going in the first set of ten get ups but that quickly went away. This is exactly what I thought it would be. Shoulder stabilization hell! It didn't help that my traps were already brutally sore. This wod also let me know my toes hurt. Not just the one that I dropped the board on but the right big toe was having some flexibility issues. I originally tried to do this in the Chucks but it was too painful and did it in socks only.

I could have moved much faster through this wod but not a fan of fast tgus. It's a great movement with a ton of therapeutic value to it. I did these a bunch rehabbing my shoulder in the past. I took my time and tried to let the shoulder settle in all positions. The worst positions were in the upright/seated position, especially going back down. The sots weren't bad but I could feel myself using too much tricep for it.

1 comment: