Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Every second still counts

Definitely dragging today only got about 4 hours of sleep and two staggered 30 min naps after that.

The strength today was press so I decided to work on my weakness in the press, shoulder stabilizers.

Strict ring rows 10x
20kg slow turkish get-up to windmill (1left, 1 right)
Strict ring rows 10x

21-15-9 reps for time of:
Front squats (135/95 or 50% of 1RM back squat)
Burpees

5:28

Originally was gong to try to keep it unbroken. Did well with the 21 set of maintaining breathing and not trying to hit it too hard. Realized how much the 15 set was going to hurt in the middle of the 21 burpees. Felt like I was losing ground on TomM on the 15 set so I dumped the game plan and did 3 sets of 5 with short rest. Last set was 5/4 split. I tried to catch up with TomM on the burpees and I did my burpees a little further away so he wouldn't see me coming but coming up in the middle of my 9th burpee he called time. It couldn't be more than a 1/2 second. Great push though.

I need to work more in this zone of pushing my lactate threshold. Today it was slightly the breathing side of things but mainly in my ability to push through the burn. I have plenty of strength for it. I even leaned more on one side alternating per 5 set in the 15 to disperse the burn. I may sub some of my strength wods for high rep med/med heavy weight for high volume. The only problem is that this usually leads to residual soreness. Decisions, decisions.

Post wod 25 HSPUs

1:29
Did this for time, just for fun. Also, challenged Bryce, Tom, and Erin to it too. We all ran into the same issue. Over exerting ourselves in the first set. I went 15 unbroken, I wanted to go 5 after that and barely squeezed out 3.

Had time so did 2 more set of 10 strict ring rows and much later did another 10 nose-to-ground HSPUs unbroken.

1 comment:

  1. have you been working the mobility stuff? if not i challenge you to do so especially the hip-flexor/ad-ductor stuff. fair warning hurts like hell, even for a flexible person such as myself. lol.

    ReplyDelete