Sunday, September 5, 2010

Community

Warm up skill: 3x15 pull ups (wide grip is feeling really really good)

Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
95 pound Thruster, 5 reps
95 pound Hang Powercleans, 7 reps
95 pound Sumo Deadlift High-pull, 10 reps

9 rounds 7 cleans

I was hesitant to start this one as my shoulders probably have localized rhabdo. My traps are swollen and it actually is close to pain for me to relax my shoulders and let them just hang. I just didn't think 6-8 more hours of delay would help it any.

My goals in this wod was to hit it as hard as I could in the beginning and not pace. Also, in total get 8 rounds. I was pleasantly surprised when I finished the first round in 1:08. Had 4 rounds in under 7 minute marker but I was already starting to hurt pretty good. Broke down a bit in the middle took 2 breaks, one for water, the other to turn the air on. Broke one set of cleans as I had an elbow stinger from my hands being in too close. Everyone else had a 15min amrap so I got to bask in the glory of everyone watching and yelling at me for 5 minutes while I suffered. I love the community and can't wait to get back to regular wods. 15 in my feet started to cramp up a bit so kicked off my shoes. I was in the middle of my 7th at the 15 min marker so I knew my goal was complete. I really didn't think I'd get 2 rounds (could of possibly made 3) in the last 5 minutes. I also have to give much credit to Bryce again as I wouldn't have been able to come even close to that if he didn't teach me the efficient way to do sumos. It's really like 10x easier, no shitting.

Still consider the wod a win. Anytime I get more than 1/2 of what Mikko gets it's a big fat win. Bad thing is I think I could have went harder. I should have pushed harder. I really have to work on mentally accepting pain. I need to work on not holding my knees as well as not focusing on the clock. The more people I can see, face and eyes wise, the shorter my rest will be. Is it a pride thing? Maybe, but who cares, if that's what it takes currently to kick my own ass, so be it.

When I first seen the max jerks posted on mainsite, I was really excited however the condition of my shoulders leaves me a little apprehensive. I have nailed 285 3 times with ease but the 300 marker has eluded me for a while. Also, I have a few days to consider if I'm doing "Severin" with a 20lb vest. OUCH!

No comments:

Post a Comment