Saturday, September 11, 2010

In Remembrance

It's almost funny how as soon as I was finished doing mainsite WODs, 2 days later I'm doing another mainsite wod.

Today in remembrance of September 11th we chose a Hero workout. I personally think Hero wods are not to be scaled. They are suppose to be mentally and physically challenging. You suffer and endure in honor of those that have given everything.

"The Seven"

Seven rounds for time of:
7 Handstand push-ups
135 pound Thruster, 7 reps
7 Knees to elbows
245 pound Deadlift, 7 reps
7 Burpees
7 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood
7 Pull-ups

40:56
Splits: 2:52, 8:13, 14:48, 20:59, 28:08, 35:42, 40:56

Got really mentally soft in the 5th & 6th just couldn't get myself to pick up the thrusters. Wrist were having issues from the HSPUs to the thrusters. Only resting in the bottom of burpees helps me a ton. It's almost humiliating to sit with your face on the mat and you know you could always pick yourself back up. I guarantee it will get you moving 2x as fast as resting standing up. The only things that went unbroken were the KTEs, DLs, KB swings, and pull ups. Last set of pull ups lost flow 5 then 1 more butterfly then 1 regular kip. It felt like I was going to fall off the bar but couldn't let Kurt catch up.

1 comment:

  1. I think you owe me a beer :) I'm going back to my notes for reference but I think I only got you by 38 seconds on that one! Nice work, that's a really tough one!!!

    ReplyDelete