Sunday, July 25, 2010

Brutal Angie!

As if "Angie" isn't bad enough. I'm sore as hell from my CF Total yesterday, my neck was irritated from my motorcycle helmet and the speed on the freeway and I tried to catch up on hydration throughout the morning (didn't feel bad but my urine said I was dehydrated). When I last did the Games "Helen on Steroids" I made it through 8 kipping pull ups before my shoulder started to hurt. I told myself I was going to make it through 20 pull ups if my shoulder felt good. As I started, I got caught up with the moment 15, 10 and ouch! Shoulder started acting up. I did a mix of deadhang pull ups, half kips, and sets of 3 butterfly and regular kips here and there.

Moving on to the push ups, shoulder felt really bad. Only had about 25 before I started breaking into 3s then by the 40s I was in singles. Ouch!

Looking forward to getting into the situps my hip flexors started cramping and the water started slooshing in my stomach and getting me ill.

Lastly ended with squats where my hip flexor was still crampy but not as much as my VMOs. Felt pretty bad to fully open the squat.

29:30
Splits 11:48, 8:27, 5:23, 3:52

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a horrible way to get through Angie. Glad you finished it though. Hope you feel better coach.

    ReplyDelete