Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Pain in the...

Day 2 of WSB training

Not sure if I have ever clarified, but I originally gave up hopes of powerlifting because my body (particularly my right knee) couldn't handle the volume I thought I needed to do to be strong. The Westside Method gives me hope on trying this again but in a more pain free state. I woke up this morning and was a little discouraged with how my right knee felt. It was an all too familiar feeling of overuse. I'm not going to let it get into my head too much as I did max out in both the squat & deads yesterday. We'll see how it goes.

Today I hit the sled with Kurt inside the future dialysis place. 
3x160ft low pull sled with 190#. Hammies were getting smoked!
3x100ft sled drag with 190#

Metcon 100 air squats + 1 mile run: 9:27
Mile clocked in at 7:10 so I'm guessing the course was a little shy, but not much.

Finished off with 3x10 25# Reverse Hypers.

No comments:

Post a Comment