Thursday, December 24, 2009

"Kill Chris"

Many people get into this "Oh, I'm just competing with myself" thing. BULLSHIT! Self improvement/getting better everyday and beating your own previous times is great, but it's not competition.

Read this definition from dictionary.com. Competition is defined as a "rivalry between two or more persons or groups for an object desired in common, usually resulting in a victor and a loser but not necessarily involving the destruction of the latter."

I don't care if you plan on battling 1 or 50, but you need at least two to tango. So I'm not the type of person that looks at the entire pack ahead of me. I look at someone who's in my site and do what I have to do to beat them...then the next, and the next...

So on to "Kill Chris". Chris is my competitor that I chose to focus on first. We are similar in max strength. He has better strength endurance, his metcon times are about :30-1:30 ahead of me. I've got him on gymnastics movements. He is mentally tougher on everyday wods, but this is competition. I will tweak things out as we go along.

MAB_6865-1

Mango I'm coming for you!

1 comment:

  1. I faith that you can take Mango out if you ever get back to normal sleep and eating again.

    Motivation if you're reading this Mango.

    ReplyDelete