Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Getting there

Moved a bunch of shit today to the West Loop. Didn't get a chance to eat until about 3pm. Had 1/2 a salt-free chicken from Jewel, an apple, and a banana. Lower back was feeling a little sore from the rower but wanted to get this wod in early.

530pm

30-20-10 of
deadlifts BW (165#)
Wall balls

4:29!
Much faster than I thought I was going to finish as wall balls are not a strength of mine. I was thinking sub 6 on this. Mentally came into this one ready. Yes, unbroken is not my style. It fatigues my grip, I start to move slow, and I start to get defeated mentally. Game plan was 10s. Took short breaks enough to step back take a breath and get back at it. At the wall ball however long it took me to walk around the pillar. I'd say no longer than a true 5 second break at the very longest. The only part that fell off game plan was the 20 set where I had to go 10-5-5 just couldn't get it.

The best thing about this wod is that I didn't buckle over after I finished. I could stand and walk around. It wasn't comfortable as my glutes were on fire, but I wasn't dying. Could this endurance and diet thing be working already? We'll see...

Forced down about 4oz of chicken, couldn't bare much more and went to an apple and a banana.

7:30 worked on some parallettes HSPUs
1x6 1:30 rest (PR max was 4 before!)
1x4 1:30 rest
1x4 stop

Wanted to also do some ring dips but shoulders were cashed.

8:10pm
CFE wod 2k row 7:47.7
Joined Chris for his last 2k as he was doing a 5k. Started sprinting at 250m it was a great place for me to start my sprint, hopefully in a couple of weeks I can bump that to the 300m marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment