Friday, October 29, 2010

Snatch-tastic

730am
Starbucks Americano (damn, they forgot to add the HWC!!! Bastards stole my fat!)

8am
Omelette w/bacon and sausage, broccoli

11am
Home Depot run with Ben.
Mini WOD pushed 12 feet and about 300lbs of lumber from HD to the box. Ha ha ha. Fun times.

2pm
Headed home for some good news.
Chicken & Gyros salad

330pm
Back to bucks
Venti unsweetened ice coffee WITH HWC!

530pm
Snatch worked up to 175#.

Oct28Snatch165 from Rudy Tapalla on Vimeo.

Not my best snatch but I thought this was a combination of funny as Chris' music was funky and he was rolling on the ground in the background.

The new set up Sage suggested combined with some of the stuff Staley taught is working out pretty well. Maintaining a better back angle and getting quite a bit more speed through the middle.
Similar faults in all of my snatches: jumping forward, hip is completely open however, the shoulders seem to not get far enough behind the bar on the top of the final pull.

Finished off with a jerk or two at 205, some shoulder rehab 20# ext rot & powell raise, 5# trap3. Trap3 irritated my neck and is super sore. Funny how 5# can kick the shit out of me.

630pm Muscle Milk Light

930pm
Gross amounts of steak and lamb over salad, Mediterranean style.

The biggest question over the next couple of days for me to answer is: What Can CrossFit Chicago be the best in WORLD at?

2 comments:

  1. Dude, that many Americanos? It's time for that Costco espresso machine. You will save a LOT of money. And tastes about 100 times better than Starbucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JJ, we are going to need to chit-chat on that one. At the rate I'm on I really may invest on getting one for the box... well for me, and leaving it at the box.

    ReplyDelete