Monday, February 1, 2010

Man up!

7 Rounds for time of:
7 Power Snatch
7 Snatch balance
7 Ohs
18:46

Really wasn't feeling doing the 7s workout beforehand. My midback was a little more fried then expected... Really should have expected it with a PR snatch and shooting for a PR clean. DUMBASS! Manned up to the workout anyways as I knew it was specifically in my hurt zone. 15-20 minutes. 1st round felt great as it always should unbroken, 2nd round unbroken but starting to breathe hard. 3rd started to break up the snatches to save my lower back. By the time I got to the snatch balance I started to hurt big time in the wrists. This was a mental battle just me versus my wrist with 1/2 of a Level I Cert watching. Time splits: 3rd@6:08 4th@10:24 5th@13:19 6th@16:40 7th@18:42. Tried to fight for the last one unbroken after the power snatches but failed on my 5th OHS did a full snatch and 1 OHS.

This workout murdered my wrists. I cooled down a bit and did 3xHSPUs on the Rouge Parallelettes 4x,3x,1x

Then it was awesome just as I was finishing up SarahC came down to the Cert location and stopped in to say what's up! Awesome! I love it. It's like seeing family I haven't seen in a while. I also committed her to giving me some rowing lessons next time she's in town or sending her video to correct me.

Anyways, paid the piper. Last night in the middle of the night I started having major pain in my right shoulder. Nothing ever wakes me up and this woke me up anytime that I adjusted it last night. I'm really hoping this is just some super serious soreness. Today, I can't raise my arm above 6-8" before feeling pain. Rough part is that it's not on the surface. It's in there, in there. Legs are also sore in the quads and glutes so it might be a GH-Raise GHD sit-up day. We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! haha I am happy to give a few pointers to anyone who sends me video! And I will certainly be down for some rowing next time I'm in town. Sometime this week I may be posting some video on my blog...but I'll post on the CFC blog if that happens :)

    Again, great seeing you this weekend! Definitely feels like seeing family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hhhmmmm sarah i'm not sue if i ever did a wod with you but if you are giving rowing analysis i'm up for that lol because rudy can attest too my rowing being "terrible" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAeQ9EQbI2I&feature=fvw

    ReplyDelete