Friday, February 26, 2010

It's not my money maker!

So, I had a little incident. (Zack, Sorry you had to witness me investigating the degree of the injury.) I was trying to get a 45# plate on the farmers handle and it slipped and cut my finger. It hurt a little and I continued to try and squeeze the plate on. I took a peek at my finger and I was like "Wow, That's gashed!" I pulled the side a little and I'm pretty sure I saw bone. So, I gave my finger an eye-lid.

You really have to enlarge this pic to get the full effect!

I'm pretty sure I needed stitches but I put on a band-aid and it stopped bleeding. I told Chris, "I probably need stitches, but it's only a finger. It's not like it's my money maker. If it was my face I'd go get stitches."
I think he responded with "That would be an upgrade." (what-a-f*cker) I thought it was funny as shi*t but I ignored him and continued to do my box squats. Worked with some really light weight just to work on sitting back on to the box and not allowing my shins to pass my knees.

10x2 135# wide stance, box below parallel. Every minute on the minute.

Got home and Mandie made me soak it in peroxide, she told me not to open it but I did. I wanted to make sure it didn't get infected. It's pretty nasty. She did it up with some Neosporin and bandaged me up.   It's pretty nice having a nurse around. Last time it was "Mandie come look at my pee. It's really bubbly and I might have rhabdo'ed myself".

Not sure how my finger's gonna fair in workouts. I might be only doing the slow lifts until I know for sure it's mended. I guess it's a good time to work on the GHD machine.

6 comments:

  1. Ummmm gross! Ps when you zoom there is also a foot in the background! Ha Super nasty though... You need to stitch that thing up. That should be the post for tomorrow..... "what's your money maker?" ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - bad karma. Next time T. or I drop the bar don't laugh or say, "how do you drop the bar on your toe"!:)
    Remember the infection in your hand under the callus -was it last year?? Better get that finger stitched. Don't want any MRSA breeding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Nice. If you can see bone, I want you to be really careful with it and wash it with soap and water twice a day. No peroxide as it is actually caustic to tissue healing and will make things worse. Have Mandie (or me) get you some Bacitracin and use that and change your dressings twice a day, after washing all the cream off with soap and water twice a day. If you want I can take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post made me laugh a lot. Not at your injury but how you put it "I might have rhabdo'ed myself"; classic.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If it gets infected, just bite it off.
    -beery

    ReplyDelete