Friday, February 5, 2010

CrossFit hopping

Started off with stopping by CrossFit Invictus to say what's up to CJ. Then ate breakfast at the Broken Yolk. Then headed to CrossFit East Village. Sat around a while and killed sometime chatting with members until Coach and Tony Budding arrived. Coach was asking me questions about a muscle up and how I do them. I answered and then I realized he meant a strict muscle up. Told him I didn't have one, he said I did and to get warmed up and he'll show me. Sure enough Coach and Tony coached me to do multiple strict muscle ups! Awesome experience to get coached by Coach!

Started my northern route and was going to drop by Oceanside CrossFit. They were closed until later. Hit up CrossFit San Clemente, short chat and the headed out to Brand X. I figured I'd go out there and kill sometime. It was a good long drive inland to Ramona. Walked in chatted with Jeff Martin a bit then they were like jump in on some banded deadlifts. I was planning on taking a day off but I have never done any banded work...constantly varied right?

10x2 265+EFTSblack and orange bands

That was very interesting! Stuck around to watch a couple of classes and watch some badasses! Awesome! The only thing that sucked was driving back. It was raining and I had to super concentrate on following the yellow line so I didn't go careening off the side of the mountain. I made it. On to the Summit tomorrow! Stoked!

4 comments:

  1. The Broken Yolk is a mandatory stop every time I am out in San Diego. I just got hungry for an enormous omelet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banded dealifts?! You know I have to youtube this now, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW. As if deadlifts weren't heavy enough. Damn Rudy. Also, how's In and Out? Are you managing out there without cheating too much before sectionals??

    ReplyDelete