Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Me time?

Alright Im not going to throw out excuses and make it easy on myself. I've slacked off a bit. Had some serious pain in my shoulder on Monday but it wasn't injured as it felt better on Tuesday. Still took the day off to let it heal a bit more. Then decided to play v-ball on it. One thing really occurred to me playing ball. I miss it!

I gave up making a lots of money personal training to follow my CrossFit/training passion and started my own business, not to make money, but in the aspiration of enjoying life. It's easy to work tons of hours a day when you do what you love. THe avalanche though of getting in the new space, out the old space, in the West Loop space, and all the regular things that come with business, I realize I haven't done much for myself. I don't get enough time to spend with Mandie and I don't really do anything now a days for myself.

If I survive this month, I'm going to make it a direct point to do more of the things I enjoy, maybe some volleyball, maybe just read a non-training, non-business book, take a weekend off, maybe go out drinking with friends. But for now I'll suffer through it and do what I have to do for the continued success of the CrossFit Chicago Community.

8pm @ WL
Warm-up 1000m row 335.3 When this felt exhausting I knew that Helen was not going to feel good. Oh well, can't have a PR day every WOD.

10:42
First round unbroken 3:00
Second round pull ups 6/6 3:40
Third round kbs 11/10 should have just held it together, pull ups 5,1,1,1,3 had some serious grip issues going on and had to do singles tried to gut out the end and almost slipped off the bar. This wod always kicks me. Not having run in a while also didn't help. I was heel striking right out of the gate.

Tomorrow's another day.

Is Sectionals over yet? I want pizza and donuts!

8 comments:

  1. Donut eating contest next Sunday?

    Kerry already volunteered to buy for everyone...must be nice to be rich!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe I agreed to buy donuts for everybody EXCEPT you Chris, dear. Nobody's rich enough to buy donuts for you and Rudy. That's a lot of donuts.

    And good call, Rudy, on the "me" time. We'll let you know whenever we need a sub (we have a league on Tues nights and Sunday nights), you can be our first call :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can always get back into jiu jitsu a day or two a week they have a place in wrigelyville

    ReplyDelete
  4. ... can we PLEASE add ice cream to the pizza and donuts list? Any ice cream will do and I'm buying.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am ALL for the return of date night!!!

    and Chris, totally down with the donut competition too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dont worry Kerry, i normally can only eat 4 in a setting, maybe 5 if I am hungry;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rudy, I totally agree with finding balance in life and while CF is a passion and lifestyle for many of us, that doesn't mean we have to be all about CF all the time. I've planned some "me" after Sectionals as well.

    BTW, I hope Mandie told you that on the way back from Sectionals we are stopping at EVERY fast food/cheat meal place along the way. Isn't that right, Mandie?!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't forget quality time with Murph!) He needs both parents.

    ReplyDelete