Monday, December 27, 2010

Laid back

No, not with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

So I've been training on a sore back for a while... ok it was 8 days to be exact before it got BAD. Somewhere between over-training on a sore back, 3 mobility wods to open up my hip flexors, and a crappy diet, I'm in a ridiculous amount of pain. Starting Thursday evening I started to get some minor nerve stingers in my back. I thought it was just a sporadic thing and figure it would be better the next day. Nope, about 5 times worse.

The good thing is that it was very predictable ie if I would bend in a certain direction, a certain amount it would zing a nerve. It may sound silly that this is a good thing but about 8 years ago I had really bad bouts of sciatica that came out of no where and would leave me twitching on the floor as if I had been tazered and with a migraine from the absurd amount of pain it would cause. So knowing where and when I can expect pain really isn't so bad.

Now, it's pretty pathetic that my wife offered to help me on with my socks but that is where the pain is almost intolerable. I currently have to cross my leg like a figure four to put on my socks because bringing my knee to my chest and my hands to my feet is ridiculously painful. I of course declined and painfully slide on my own socks.

I cancelled all of my clients today and tomorrow and Bryce is fortunately covering my classes as I'm hoping it will be miraculously better tomorrow. I painfully emailed Roger to cancel for the week. This is some what of a set back for me but a small set back is tolerable. If I don't recover from this pain... game over.

My diagnosis is that it's a inflamed psoas irritating a couple of nerves.

























So here's my current course of action:
1 more day of full rest, continuing with a heat pack, limiting inflammatory foods, and adding a ridiculous amount of fish oil.

5 comments:

  1. Yikes! Rest up and hope you're back at it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuck! I hope you are better soon! Take care of yourself

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you're going to hate this suggestion, but maybe some high dose Ibuprofen!!!!! Hang in there Coach, hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete