Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's not vanity... I swear!

This is probably the only place that I'd really post that I currently have a snatch obsession (go ahead and chuckle).

I've watched videos of Olympians over and over and over and over... Then watched what I do over and over and over... at speed, in slow-mo, multiple reps. I know Mandie probably thinks it's a vanity thing but it is almost completely the opposite. I continually watch how much I jack up the snatch and contemplate late at night what I need to do to make those look as similar as my given genetic potential will allow. 

There's some dude "crackyflipside" that has some sick videos on you tube.



If you forward it to about 1:05 you'll see my current Oly hero, a Chinese dude named Hui. He does the fastest power snatch warming up (of course with more than my max c&j). He also snatches 160kgs in the end.

Training went well today considering I have a pretty sore lower back. Worked on a new snatch setup and having more of a knee bend above the knee. Also pretty happy with a 93kg push press x3 of course with the blocks.

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid you're not the only one. Matt is obsessed too ... if he's not watching the same CF videos over and over, he's looking at oly matches too.

    I can appreciate how one could get so focused on this - the physiology of the human body is amazing in itself and then watching it in motion is rather astonishing.

    ReplyDelete