Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Median Nerve

Today was my 34th Bday. Wish I could say it was a good day but it wasn't. Saving Grace is whenever I sit and look at Jackson, it's a better day.

I decided to follow up with Jim's concern from yesterday that he has similar nerve issues but feels numbness more in the center of the hand. So after some internet searching I ran into this article on the median nerve entrapments.


I think it's pretty interesting on how they trace it back all the way to the C5-T1.

"A summary of the locations for median nerve entrapment are:
Cervical nerve root level
Against a cervical rib
Between the anterior and middle scalene muscles
Between the clavicle and first rib
Underneath the pectoralis minor muscle
Underneath the ligament of Struthers
Passing by the bicipital aponeurosis (lacertus fibrosus)
Between the two heads of the pronator teres
Compression in the carpal tunnel"

I guess the reason I found it most interesting and pertinent to know is the relation of this and carpal tunnel syndrome.

I was supposed to make up yesterdays workout, but just couldn't pull the energy together. I guess eating more than 1 meal a day would help. At least water intake was good.

3 comments:

  1. Rudy--I've recently begun feeling a similar numbness on the outer edge of my palm. It tingles and burns sometimes, particularly when I do cleans. Good to know I'm not the only one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah....I see this has already been discussed in the previous post. Very interesting! I think mine might be partially from leaning too hard on my bike handles when I ride. I'll give the physicians a visit if it keeps bothering me. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice post rudy...I don't have this pain but this is all good to know...btw you are making my head hurt in a good way :)

    ReplyDelete